Skip to main content

STUDENT OF THE YEAR 2 REVIEW : A conventional plot with lots of Dance & Kabaddi

SOTY 2 - "A conventional plot of a usual old school romance that changes with the time evolved in a love triangle between the three main protagonists along with prolonged sports sequences and dances on remixed versions featuring Will Smith in one of the songs boosting the PR game."

On 10th May, Dharma Productions releases the second franchise of today's finest actors debut movie i.e. Student Of The Year featuring Alia, Varun & Sidharth. Though 7 years back, even that movie didn't perform well but today I bet every person watching this franchise would compare this with the earlier one arising a question if it could reach the benchmark set the by the ex-students? Well, unfortunately, the answer is NO! Because it's just an OLD ROUTINE DRAMA!!

Starting with the plot, its VERY MOLDY WITH FAULTY SCREENPLAY. Also, the writer made variations in the script that were opposite of situations in 1st sequel. For instance, the love triangle between a girl & two boys turned into a boy confused between his two lady loves, Boy's aunt being really sweet rather than the impudent aunt of an earlier sequel where orphan being the constant dilemma and the son of school trustee turned into the daughter of school owner. Well, this doesn't end here. there are many if you see it exquisitely.

Okay, I'm also afraid to say the slow screenplay of the movie might affect you resulting in falling asleep in between the movie especially in the first half so be careful !!!

Talking about the songs, it didn't perform well at the music charts except for Yeh Jawaani & Hook Up song, so the other songs may appear unfamiliar to you resulting intrusive visual that fails to impress, and sadly this is what exactly happened.

After the interval, the movie takes a turn where one can finally find himself enjoying the movie but the elongated Kabaddi match puts down the newfound interest of the audience leaving them in monotony.

The only reason you can rely on this movie is to watching Tiger doing awesome work. He was constantly honest about the work he had assigned to do. From performing a stupendous dance to incredible gymnastics to tough fighting scenes, he has outdone himself in everything except Acting. 
The debutantes Tara & Ananya needs applause for the way they performed especially Ananya whose dancing skills were as impressive as Tiger because matching steps with him ain't easy yaa!! She has a quintessential comic timing
 Her comic lines would make u laugh for sure!! She looked stunning & vibrant and her zestful character succeeded putting a smile on the face. Tara's performance has been recognized. Although the director (Punit Malhotra) could have given fair screen time to the girls, then they would have proved themselves much better.

One person audiences were really excited to watch was Harsh Beniwal, a Viner to entertain the audiences the way he does in his videos but the off-script & different characters with low key comedy spoiled his performance too. Although his one-liners especially ''MERE KIDNEY MEIN FRACTURE HO GYA HAI'' has become historic now. Sameer Soni' was perfectly adaptable for the stereotypical dean of the school. Manoj Pahwa was as usual flawless & not to forget, we got to see a new Aditya Seal in an obstructive role but he failed to make a mark. 

Though the movie depicts high-class standard & stylish college ambiance but unimpressive & flat narration spoiled it. If you just wanna have fun listening to the songs like Gilli Gilli Akhaaa & Hook Up To Kar Le Na on a big screen or have been an acrobatics skills fan of Tiger, go for it. But if you take the script of the movie seriously, then DONT!!

Ratings: ★★✰✰✰ (2/5)

So now I'm really yearning to hear it from you guys how much did u like it or if u are actually planning to watch it or not? Comment down')

Comments

  1. I saved my money by deciding not to watch this movie. I personally don't like the first part so there is no chance to going to watch this movie. I really enjoyed reading your movie review. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life & Love

 Since my childhood, when I was about 6, I wondered what life is actually about? Is it like a Titanic Ship on which we have to board on in every situation or like a bed full of roses? - Many questions without the answer until I became an adolescent & faced my own life. My mom used to say that when I was born, the nurse told her that since my birth, I was really tensed about how the world it would be where I have born, as the nurse took me for a bath, & then she noticed me sleeping in a quite tensed mood with my fingers on my face like I was thinking about a deep thought. I know its quite funny but when I see my present, I can feel that curiosity of knowing what the Life is actually about, has come from my birth & I have to find out, So, finally what Life truly means to me is, ' Life is all about spreading love and kindness to all mankind" . Its all about exchanging good thoughts for everyone, helping out everyone to serve all humankind, without any discrimi

Holi Hair & Skin Care Hacks

The festival of color, joy, and happiness, HOLI is back with abundant love and we're going gaga over drenching each other into the colors of fun and love. I'm sure some of you've also planned to put colors on those who never actually like the festival though. So, why not just check the random checklist, what say? Colors - check ✔  Water Balloons - check  ✔ Gujias - check  ✔ Clothes - check  ✔ Prank plans - check  ✔ Cameras & Phone memory - check  ✔ DJ with Holi songs - check  ✔ Hair and Skin Protection hacks - ✔ Well, if u haven't then how would u protect your hair and skin from the damage from toxic/chemical colors? Okay so in that case, I'm here for your rescue!! So, I'm sharing some good to go pre and post Holi hacks to ensure your hair and skin shine the way it was before and the damage is not severe. P.S- ALL THE BOYS OUT THERE, DON'T HESITATE TO READ IT, ITS AN UNI-SEXUAL HACKS, SO DON'T SKIP CON