Skip to main content

How To Style A Saree in 3 Different Ways



Festive days are already here and I'm damn sure that all you girls & ladies are going gaga over what to wear on the main days of Navratri & Durga puja. Also, there would be additional stress about the Diwali outfit too. 
That's a story of every girl including me. Even my mind was boggling about my outfit but I came up with an idea of wearing a saree in this festive season because saree is a pure nine yards of elegance that never goes out of fashion but I'm not kind of person who would conventionally drape it so I tried to drape it in different ways with some mix and match. And I was quite impressed with myself( if u know how self-obsessed I'm✌ ) anyway, so I thought why don't I share all those 3 looks with you guys to help you out. 
These are the super fresh looks for all whether they are the nerds like me & fashionista like South Delhi girls,
So without any further ado, read out my 3 super-easy ways to style a conventional saree. Also, don't forget to thanks me later :)

TUNE INTO FUSION

Crop tops are in the town so why do u need to go for a typical blouse? Pair your saree with your basic crop tee & wrap the pallu of the saree around the neck like a scarf. add the waist belt to give it a more western look, also it will cinch the pallu perfectly. lastly, wear a crop denim jacket and you're done. There are varieties of embroidered jackets available in the market. buy the same matching your saree & you 're ready to rick the fusion saree look. Keep the makeup minimal & try to avoid necklace or big earrings so else it would look like overdone efforts.

For Delhiites, you can get this jacket from Sarojini Nagar, Kamla Nagar or at Janpath at a very reasonable rate.

  • SHRUG IT UP


  • Are you running late & don't have any time for shopping? don't take stress, just shrug it up. we all have at least one shrug in our closet. you just need to make use of it. drape the saree in a normal pleated way. wear a shrug over it. you don't need to be specific about shrugs. any shrug would look good over the saree. at last, add a waist belt to cinch the shrug & pallu together.it would definitely make the head turn. don't forget to wear a piece of long oxidized jewelry with minimal makeup.

    Got it super chic shrug & neckpiece from Sarojini market

                    KEEP IT SIMPLE YET STYLISH 

    Are you one of those who don't really prefer to go with trends or fusion, still want to stand out? then keep it simple bro. Drape your saree in a typical style b7ut pair it with a simple white crop tee & add some silver or oxidized jewelry to complete the look with minimal makeup. here you gooo.. Effortlessly elegant yet stylish. Make a ponytail to give it a girly look. 

    Delhiites know where to go for oxidized jewelry- Sarojini market

    Saree is the only piece of cloth that you can style in a thousand ways. That's the reason why I love draping the nine yards of elegance. I don't know why saree has been stereotyped for grown-up women only? Wearing saree is not a sorry anymore. And these fresh styles are proof.
    You guys try out these styles of draping & tag me on Instagram @thepanachetitikhya #SareeNotSorry

    I hope you've got a little idea to look super chic & girly even wearing a saree. Well, I'm still confused about what style should I choose from these. Help me out, guys. Comment down which one you guys like the most? 

    Happy festive season to you guys!! 
    xoxo
    Titikhya

    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    STUDENT OF THE YEAR 2 REVIEW : A conventional plot with lots of Dance & Kabaddi

    SOTY 2 - "A conventional plot of a usual old school romance that changes with the time evolved in a love triangle between the three main protagonists along with prolonged sports sequences and dances on remixed versions featuring Will Smith in one of the songs boosting the PR game." On 10th May, Dharma Productions releases the second franchise of today's finest actors debut movie i.e. Student Of The Year featuring Alia, Varun & Sidharth. Though 7 years back, even that movie didn't perform well but today I bet every person watching this franchise would compare this with the earlier one arising a question if it could reach the benchmark set the by the ex-students? Well, unfortunately, the answer is NO! Because it's just an OLD ROUTINE DRAMA!! Starting with the plot, its VERY MOLDY WITH FAULTY SCREENPLAY . Also, the writer made variations in the script that were opposite of situations in 1st sequel. For instance, the love triangle between a girl &

    Life & Love

     Since my childhood, when I was about 6, I wondered what life is actually about? Is it like a Titanic Ship on which we have to board on in every situation or like a bed full of roses? - Many questions without the answer until I became an adolescent & faced my own life. My mom used to say that when I was born, the nurse told her that since my birth, I was really tensed about how the world it would be where I have born, as the nurse took me for a bath, & then she noticed me sleeping in a quite tensed mood with my fingers on my face like I was thinking about a deep thought. I know its quite funny but when I see my present, I can feel that curiosity of knowing what the Life is actually about, has come from my birth & I have to find out, So, finally what Life truly means to me is, ' Life is all about spreading love and kindness to all mankind" . Its all about exchanging good thoughts for everyone, helping out everyone to serve all humankind, without any discrimi

    Holi Hair & Skin Care Hacks

    The festival of color, joy, and happiness, HOLI is back with abundant love and we're going gaga over drenching each other into the colors of fun and love. I'm sure some of you've also planned to put colors on those who never actually like the festival though. So, why not just check the random checklist, what say? Colors - check ✔  Water Balloons - check  ✔ Gujias - check  ✔ Clothes - check  ✔ Prank plans - check  ✔ Cameras & Phone memory - check  ✔ DJ with Holi songs - check  ✔ Hair and Skin Protection hacks - ✔ Well, if u haven't then how would u protect your hair and skin from the damage from toxic/chemical colors? Okay so in that case, I'm here for your rescue!! So, I'm sharing some good to go pre and post Holi hacks to ensure your hair and skin shine the way it was before and the damage is not severe. P.S- ALL THE BOYS OUT THERE, DON'T HESITATE TO READ IT, ITS AN UNI-SEXUAL HACKS, SO DON'T SKIP CON